WNY Science Congress, Inc is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of science education in grades 5 -12, encompassing the eight counties of Western New York. Our mission is to sponsor an annual science competition in which students demonstrate the scientific method following safety principles and practices.
- To encourage science students in the development of science interests and hobbies
- To offer an opportunity for public recognition of science talented youth
- To encourage further work in the field of science in college and industry
The WNY Regional Science and Engineering Fair (WNYRSEF)
The WNY Science Congress sponsors the WNYRSEF that encompasses the eight counties of Western New York. This annual science fair provides Gr.5-12 students an opportunity to demonstrate the scientific method in STEM projects and compete with their peers.
- WNYRSEF is on April 30, 2016
- Registration due: April 1, 2016
- Fees/Form Submission due: April 6, 2016
WNY Distinguished Scientists
WNY Distinguished Scientists nominations are made by our Membership. The Board of Directors invites one to attend the WNYRSEF judging and address the students at the Awards Ceremony. Previous honorees were Mr. Wilson Greatbatch, Dr. Herbert Hauptman, Dr. Donna Fernandes, Mr. Robert Brady, and Mr. Don Paul.